Sunday, June 20, 2010

Countdown to inauguration: the last ten days

Ten days remain in the 48th Congress term of office. With due credit to Parvati, let's count them down:

Day one, life is fun.

Day two, I am new.

Day three, I am me.

Day four, I adore.

Day five, I'm alive.

Day six, create the mix.

Day seven, I'm in heaven.

Day eight, I co-create.

Day nine, feeling fine.

Day ten, do it all over again! (or do it all over again in 2014).

I AM...open, ready, willing to be completely restructured around the positive possibilities of the 49th Congress-elect.

Sometime between now and June 30, most likely in the late afternoon or early evening of June 29, the Speaker of the House will bang the gavel (or blow the vuvuzela) and say the words we've been longing to hear: "Under the power vested in me by the Constitution of Patria, I declare the 48th Congressus Patriaƫ adjourned sine die"! In the meantime, there is still some work ahead for the lame-duck session. The report of the Chancellor of the Exchequer - Patria's 2011 budget - is still on the order paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment